Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Dallin Came A Visiting with Wisdom !


Dallin came to spend a couple of days with us & during it Grammer learned a lot from him. We picked him up at McDonald's at Brier Creek from his Poppy - a few hours later than planned. Dallin was smart enough to call Grammer & ask if he could play Wii at his Uncle Paul's house - well he actually said he wanted to show Uncle Paul who was the master of Wii. haha! of course Grammer said yes, I wanted him to have fun & he did.

As soon as they drove up at McDonald's, Dallin said Grammer, "you tricked me - your hair is different" I said yeah I cut it & he said it is a different color too. I love his honesty. He did say he liked it too. Then Dallin hopped in the back seat & started talking up a storm - I love that about him (someone who talks to me). So we left Papa & Poppy to move the 50 pound suitcase (we are very smart too). He talked all the way to the house with a captive & very interested audience of Papa & Grammer.

We got home & gave him his birthday gift, he opened the card & said thank you very nicely & ripped into the gift (I rip open gifts too - like we use old wrapping paper). He was so excited to get the Wii game with the control sensor & immediately wanted to play. Why are the yound so quick to learn games? Dallin was great & I watched him look for symbols in the airplane game for 3 hours before I noticed the time. OK I let him stay up too late the 1st night but I was excited to visit him & he was excited to play the new game. haha - I quit being delusional about family waiting to hear me drone on for hours last year. LOL

I completely enjoyed every minute of my time with Dallin. He was great company, well behaved and funny too! It was hard to sit downstairs while Papa took him to the airline gate. My heart monitor made it hard to get thru security so I asked Papa to go with him. (no need to create problems) Because of a 1/2 hr delay from weather (lightning) & Papa having to stay until the flight was airborne it was about 1-1/2 hr wait. Dallin was on the plane & completely unconcerned about flying alone. I can not believe my first borne grandson is 11 yrs old & flies alone without any fears. When did he get so wise & grown up? He takes after me ;)

4 comments:

Jean said...

So glad you had a fun time with Dallin! It sounds like he had a grand time while he was here! They grow up so fast!!!

myglorydays said...

Yes they do grow up way too fast. He is going to be a great adult - kind, smart, good looking & I think as a Grammer I may be a "little" bigoted on this.
He is a great guy though!

Stacey said...

Dallin had a blast with you guys and wants to come visit again. Unfortunately he is up to his eyeballs with school now.

And I think he is pretty cute too. So do several of our young women. Back of ladies....he is only 11!

He is VERY smart, and probably will be much smarter than his mom. Right now he needs to learn that I have LOTS more life knowledge or I may just choke the smart alec kid. :)

myglorydays said...

I remember those times only too well - haha, he wil outgrow everything but the girls & the smarts. He is just smart. We look forward to more time with him.