Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Busy Times at the Wyricks









We survived the holidays in spite of my foot surgery. The surgery went well & the scar looks so much better than I hoped for. The healing has good & bad days ... still stuck in boot 90% of the time. Foot swells when I stand or walk, so tennis shoe gets too tight quickly & will put me back in the boot for days... I am suppose to go 2-3 hrs max in tennis shoes (no other shoes yet). Did you know I hate tennis shoes?
Mark is working hard & we both survived our 1st flu in over 8 years. We enjoyed the visit with Dale & the girls after Christmas. It was nice having someone in the house again. Our weekly visits from Dare & the boys (Ryan is an older boy at our age) have been spotty due to illness, yoga & etc. We miss their smiling faces, but enjoy their basketball games when well enough to attend. Stacey & family visited after Christmas but stayed with friends, so we would have liked to see them more. They grow up & out too fast. :-)
I have stayed busy with auctions & eBay .... my part time job. It is helping ease the financial strain from the economy. Christmas Eve our hot water heater went out & had to be replaced - great timing (not). The photos are of some of my favorite auction pieces. I have sold over 100 pieces of Desert Rose & even more Sarah Coventry & Coro jewelry from 1950-1970s. Cookbooks are coming out of my ears as I can only list a few at a time. The Beelleck sold well & I loved looking at it for a couple of weeks too.
The post office & I have had a few tense moments where Mark worried I was going postal. He seriously reached for me thinking I was going after the guy. I was mad not postal yet. A lost package that was "delivered" on my post woman's day off, she remembers putting in my box though. 1st it was never in my box on her day off & 2nd it was insured & required a signature - delivered on a day my fever was 102 with the flu (my door was not opened for 2 weeks). They are trying to outlast me .... can you hear Mark laughing? Like anyone can outlast me. LOL I finally got mad enough & told the Postmaster I do not care who remembers what my $150 worth of jewelry is not with me & they do not have a signature on the signature card that they scanned as if they had one. It has kept me blocked from fixing it over the Internet b/c it says I signed for it on this blank card. They are just robots that no one can look at the same web page that they send me showing no signature. I have not dealt with so many idiots at the same company ... no wonder they lost 5.5 BILLION last year. I just want my money or jewelry AND I will get it too.
I have a sleep study coming up, along with a GI exam & a colonscopy. This week it was B12, & set up for blood work next week. The blood work will answer the celiac diease that they believe it is (my hubby diagnoised it first) ... or if I am gluten intolerant. I am already lactose intolerant ... maybe I am just becoming intolerant.... I will have to work on that. :-) The stomach issues with the inablility to sustain Vitamin D, B12, or calcium leads them to look for celiac diease. The blood test should answer but the GI look will show the lesions & size . I hope they decide soon although I will formally state that I love everything with gluten in it..... maybe that is why stomach stays upset. Oh well, I am hopeful that we are getting close to answers, finally.
Mark & I enjoy our auctions & one of them is a mile from a Food Lion that sells Caffiene Free Dr Pepper (more better). It is interesting even if we find nothing at the sale, ok that does not happen very often.

No comments: