Wednesday, March 30, 2011




Well the month of March is coming to a close. Mark has turned the big 59, he says the last number that starts with a 5 something.

We had a quiet meal for 2 out at a Mexican restaurant of his choice. The meal was good until I ordered sopapillas for desert. I ordered it w/o honey but with chocolate drizzled over them. Yes, my favorite way. They came w/o the honey but chocolate powder & melted butter on them. I was just going to eat them but my hubby insisted they bring them fixed correctly.Our waiter had gotten busy & did not fix the first ones but went back to fix the 2nd ones. Well the waitress that fixed the 1st ones brought them & sat them down saying "you could have told me". Their English is not that great so I did not think anything about it except she brought them instead of him. He stopped at the table glad they had fixed it before we ate them. Too late to make the long story short... any who. She fixed them with rancid butter. It tasted weird & Mark recognize the smell (I can not smell at all these days) Both Mark & I were sick all night.

He missed his children on his birthday but loved the songs from the grand-kids. Shalene & the girls did a great job. The Peed boys were so cute singing.... Hudson's special rendition of "You are my Sunshine" brought tears to his eyes.


Work is going well for him & he loves it. His vendors all brag on him in Atlanta and he has become a favorite. One of them took him to P F Changs for lunch yesterday. We had dinner at North Hills with one of them. They like how organized & ready he is when they come in town. Building is still slow but his sales are climbing.


Saturday we are having a big yard sale. Time to get rid of all the "stuff" sitting around plus the clothes I never wear. I have included my Desert Rose & although I will miss it ... I can live without it. Hoping it goes well. I have spent a lot of time getting everything together & all but the clothes downstairs.... slow going with one arm.

The pain shots in my shoulder yesterday seemed like a nice surprise when the doctor told me (afterwards), and it helped with getting stuff done. Sadly they were only good for 12-24 hrs & I overused my shoulder not realizing it. Oh well! I am hoping the lidocaine shot will help with the impingement. I return in 2 weeks to see orthopedic surgeon.


Life is good & we are looking forward to a great April (no Aprils Fool).

1 comment:

Jean said...

Happy your yard sale went good! I am glad things have been going well lately (well, except for your shoulder) but hopefully that will get better soon too...even if you have to have surgery I will come and help you! I love you!!