Monday, May 16, 2011

April & May 2011 - Boy time flies!!

Bradford & Logan after Logan removed his tubes.



Logan - Weapon X . Isn't he a beauty?





the boys on Mother's Day










Hudson singing "You are my Sunshine" to Mary




Mary looking thru her birthday loot.





Barbara & Pete came out from Reno




Mark chatting golf with nephews




The nieces plus 1 great niece posing. too fun!






the rains came but we talked over the thunder





me watching the family talk & laugh




Mark with brothers, sisters & his last aunt - Iris




the cake & cupcakes I made & chatting




2nd of nieces - can't delete it but worth a 2nd look





nieces & nephews





Dare & Ryan cooking Mother's Day brunch - yum




My Mom - Happy Mother's Day! I love & miss you !




Weapon X - Logan Coombs... son of Bradford & Heidi Jo .... Grandson of Jerry & Malinda.... nephew, great nephew, cousin, 2nd cousin....etc. loved by many. Many prayers on his behalf.


Well, highlights... more birthdays. Stacey, Parker, Ryan and honorable mention of Jerry's birthday have come and gone. Add new birthday with the birth of young Logan (Jerry's grandson & my great nephew) who arrived weeks early at a little over 3 pounds. Logan is a real fighter & has pulled out his own breathing tubes and escaped his incubator much sooner than expected. Bradford (his Dad) calls him Weapon X. What a cutie & a head full of hair! Bradford's Mom has finally remarried & we are so excited for her. Malinda is a true part of our family and we wish her great happiness.


Mother's Day was pretty tough this year. No one could come home and Logan / Weapon X's birth coming within a week of my brother's birthday made his death seem even harder. He should be able to hold his grandchildren. Add it to no Mom to see on Mother's Day and only my Dare to come see me. My Mom would have loved my Grandchildren & it seems unfair she missed them. Health issues that include changes in doctors, lots of tests with few answers, going off sleeping meds after 11 years so lack of sleep, & inability of doctors to find real solutions. It was a not good & I am having trouble shaking the feelings. I am thinking of declaring all holidays off limits - lol.


Facebook is a great way to keep up with current & past friends. I have rehooked up with a dear friend from 25 years ago. Kerri is the first person I told that I was expecting our Dare. Yes, even before Mark as it was such a surprise and at a difficult time in our lives (the last financial resession/depression). We played Rook, ate M&Ms, carrots & cheese dip (her recipe got us hooked on it) & Dr Pepper. Strange combination but hey I was pregnant & I do not know what their excuses were haha! Their son (Dale's old friend) owns a huge horse back riding & four wheel riding ranch.... I have a standing invitation to visit but a push for this summer or fall. Maybe if my shoulder gets better or maybe just to visit. I love Missouri for visits

My friends from high school help cheer, encourage & just plain out amuse me. We have banded to get Scotty as our newest American Idol (the 1st I have ever watched- real power of facebook). They are helping me look for the right dog & volunteer job. A couple are going through cancer now & a couple have conquered cancer or learned to live with cancer, MS & others .... they have been encouraging in helping me get through too many tests, too many "no clue" answers, the struggle with a shoulder that should be healing but is not. Their faith though different churches are strong & help to strengthen my faith. They pray for me & I pray for them. As it is meant to be. They have been a balm for me after 3 months & still no offers of help or encouragements from anyone at church. I have learned to do most things left handed or with little right hand use. It has cost me 2 bowls & countless tears but I am getting better at it everyday. I will get it better in time to get well. Friday I had another steroid shot with pain meds.... so by Friday night I was in real pain (it felt much better before the Dr. helped me).


Now the great part of the months.... on Friday night & Saturday morning I struggled to make the birthday cake that I promised to make before my fall. I worked on it, threw away layers, sent Mark back & forth to the store for supplies and finally he declared me done. I managed to not cry as I looked at a cake that was so not up to the standard I looking for. I love my sister-in-law Mary & an 80th birthday is a biggie. Sadly icing a cake left handed or with an arm that will not raise makes for a not smooth top (should have used fondant but I do not like the taste of it) & placing the letters with hands that were shaking from the shots the day before made for an adventure. Oh well, as Mark predicted Mary loved it b/c she loves me. We had a huge family reunion/birthday party & it was great! We had to move it as Scotty came home and Garner canceled our year old reservation so they could use the park for his celebration. Thunderstorms moved through but nothing hurt the love that abounded. Dare, Ryan & the boys were huge hits. Dare is now responsible for planning all future reunions! You go girl!!






















































































Like life, these months were ... good, bad & ugly.






















































































2 comments:

ELIZEM said...

Loved looking at your pictures and reading your update! I am sorry things have been tough healthwise the last couple of months! I hope the doctors will come up with answers and solutions for you. I'm glad you have found solace in longtime friendships...they are blessings! Love you and hope you can come out for a visit soon!

Jean said...

Sorry....I didn't realize Emily was signed in...that last comment was from me!!! :)