Thursday, July 14, 2011

Summer - heat & fun











June & July have been busy & fun months. Mark & I celebrated our 38th anniversary with a mountain trip. It is always father's Day weekend so we combined our visit to the mountains with a stop off in Asheville. Dale treated his Dad & I to lunch with Leah & Rebecca. Them some yummy ice cream while we out waited a huge rain storm. Shalene was working & unable to have lunch. We missed her but gave little notice of our coming through Asheville. Shalene teaches crossfit, takes great care of the girls & has helped a school open in Asheville more student oriented. Dale is busy with the Fire Station work, teaching crossfit & going to school. He spends lots of time with the girls too.
We took a long weekend to Nashville and a fun visit with the Hopfers. Dallin has overtaken me in height. Parker is making his run at me & Gretchen is as beautiful as ever. We had lots of fun with cookouts & friends. We ate a cool new place with great country cooking. Stacey & Richard are looking for a new home in Orlando. Richard received a very nice promotion so off to Orlando (okay a suburb of Orlando is where they are looking). They assure me my room will be a requirement but maybe add a pool to it. I love their neighborhood pool but backyard works for me too. Stacey stays busy with family, the church, friends & playing chauffeur to the kids. Richard & his friends are busy at the shooting range & the golf course when he is not working, doing church or family things. They tire me just watching. Parker & Dallin will be in town next week for Dallin's birthday. I look forward to some time with the 2 of them & can hardly wait to pick them up from the airport.
Dare's family has been busy with vacation, Hudson had his tonsils & adedoids removed, Owen & Elijah started kindergarten and love it so far. I worried as the do not allow twins in the same class here. Being a lone child is different than a twin. Little Evan is not so little but cute as a button. Dark tan and white blond hair with a dazzling smile. Dare & Ryan have their hands full but do a great job.
Mark has a new boss & high hopes in a more organized work. We still love the Flex & take lots of day trips on the weekends. We spend almost every Thursday night at North Hills listening to the band, watching the shaggers, and dancing select songs. My arm still does not allow for much of a range of movement so turns are out of reach for now. We enjoy it & it is a highlight of my week.
It has been unusually hot even for North Carolina in the summer..... 100 is hot but add the 70% humidity & it has been unbearable. It has been only only down side to the summer. My jeep has no air conditioning & after making a short (less than 4 miles) jaunt to the store... I walked in the store turn to a customer beside me & said it was hot. When I woke up she said my eyes rolled back in my head & I went face down into her "sturdy" arms. (her phrase not mine). I convinced them to not call the rescue squad & fortunately for me they could not decide what to do before I woke up. I explained it was a health condition & if I was not bleeding I was okay BUT the bad part of this is my decision was forced. I took the tags off the Jeep & parked her for the time being. I can not take a chance of passing out and running into another car & hurting someone. The loss of freedom is oppressive but doing the right thing is not always easy.
Well... enough babbling. June & July have been thumbs up months & looking for it to be better with the visit from my grandsons. August brings another birthday & at my age that is good too!

2 comments:

Jean said...

So glad June and July have been good so far (even with the passing out incident)! I know you will have a great time with your grandsons and you do have a birthday coming up to look forward to! I am hoping that all will be well the rest of the summer! Love you!!

myglorydays said...

The fun continues with the flight in of the Hopfer boys. Post to follow... gave Dare rights of approval of all swimsuit photos before post. lol